London Plan – Zero Carbon Homes Seminar
Stroma Tech is offering a free seminar on the London Plan’s Zero Carbon standard.
From 1 October 2016, a new Zero Carbon standard came into effect, for all new major residential developments in London, including carbon offset payments to achieve Zero Carbon Homes.
Our seminar covers the key implications of the London Plan’s Zero Carbon standard, including the consideration of offset payments to bridge the gap between the 35% carbon emission reduction target and 100%.
Our consultants will be on-hand to offer advice on your Energy Statement strategy for the implementation of Low or Zero Carbon (LZC) technologies and how to minimise your carbon offset payments and meet the ‘Lean, Clean, Green’ energy hierarchy.
WHAT DOES THE ZERO CARBON SEMINAR COVER?
- London Plan Overview
- Policy 5 – Lean, Clean, Green approach
- Changes from 1 October 2016
- A brief history of Zero Carbon Homes
- London Plan – Zero Carbon and its implications
- Carbon reduction targets
- Offset Payments to 100%
- CHP & District Heating
- Impact on Mixed Use Developments
- What it means for your projects
- Impact on Design Approach
- Cost impact of Carbon Offsetting
- London Boroughs – A non-standard approach
- Issues and solutions
WHY ATTEND THE ZERO CARBON HOMES SEMINAR?
- Learn more about the offset requirements of each London borough
- Advice on how to minimise your carbon offset payments
- Identify the most suitable approach for your development to meet Zero Carbon requirements
- Gain advice on how to plan your development against the ‘Lean, Clean, Green’ hierarchy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND A ZERO CARBON HOMES SEMINAR?
The Zero Carbon Seminar can benefit the following types of businesses working in London:
- Residential Developers
- Planning Consultants
OUR NEXT SEMINAR
- Date: 3rd July 2017
- Time: 9:30am – 11:00am (Registration from 9:00am)
- Location: DWF Offices, 20 Fenchurch Street (Walkie Talkie Building), London EC3M 3AG
Book your place for our free Zero Carbon seminar by completing our online form