Air Tightness in new and existing buildings Seminar
Stroma Tech offers a free CPD Air Tightness seminar which we can arrange for your staff at your offices, with content and a date to suit your business needs.
Minimum standards for air tightness and the implications to designers and constructors
Building regulations across the UK specify minimum standards for building envelope air tightness on new buildings, meanwhile, existing UK buildings typically suffer from substantial uncontrolled air-infiltration, causing huge energy wastage, occupier discomfort, and fabric degradation.
This seminar introduces the concept of air-tightness as a worthwhile objective, and draws on Stroma Tech’s formidable experience from over 20,000 projects.
A typical Air Tightness seminar will cover:
- Basic Principles
- How air tightness is measured
- How the test works and correct procedure
- The case for air tightness and its benefits
- The regulations
- Examples of best practice
- The design process with respect to air tightness
- Defining the air barrier
- Dealing with interfaces
- Examples of solutions
- The construction process with respect to air-tightness
- Challenging the design
- Managing site staff and subbies
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Using testing to reduce risk
- The Passivhaus approach
Why attend the Air Tightness seminar:
- Understand the minimum requirements for building regulation compliance
- How to embed air tightness into your building processes
- Understand the cost impact and focus of achieving compliance
- Benefits of considering air tightness at an early stage
- Insight into how air tightness should (and should not) be delivered
- Includes video footage of live construction and refurbishment sites
Who should attend the Air Tightness seminar?
- Construction and property professionals
- Site Managers
- Project Managers