Hounslow High Street Quarter
Hounslow High Street Quarter is an exciting mixed use scheme in the centre of Hounslow, designed to spark the regeneration of the surrounding area.
The mixed use scheme will provide over 134,000 sq ft of commercial floor space comprising retail and restaurant use, a new multiplex cinema, set around a new public square. 527 private and affordable homes will be provided by Barratt London including a 27-storey residential tower, with the commercial space being delivered by Wilson Bowden Developments.
Acoustic testing and consultancy:
- Provision of detailed design advice and attendance at meetings to assist the design team in achieving critical acoustic design targets of this project.
- As the project site is directly under a designated Heathrow Airport flight path, detailed additional noise surveys were undertaken to provide appropriate information in order that the building envelope and, in particular, the roof were designed appropriately to ensure the stringent Cineworld acoustic criteria for internal noise levels could be achieved.
- Provision of detailed design advice to assist with meeting the required acoustic performance requirements for the residential elements of the project. Advice was provided in regard to mitigating external noise intrusion through building envelope design, providing design input to party wall and floor constructions and junction detailing.
- Pre handover acoustic testing is to be undertaken on all inter-auditoria walls and floors. Measurements of internal noise levels will also be undertaken to demonstrate compliance with the Cineworld performance criteria.
- 53 sets of sound insulation tests of the residential phase of the project will be undertaken to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of Building Regulations 2000 Approved Document E-Resistance to the passage of sound presented in compliance with the performance brief.
Air testing and consultancy:
- Residential testing – 100% testing in accordance with Part L1a guidance and ATTMA TSL1 version 1.
- Commercial testing – Cineworld and 19 retail units in accordance with Part 2a guidance and ATTMA TSL2 version 1.
- Envelope calculations carried out to facilitate the above.
- Checking the readiness of the building to be tested – temporarily sealing the mechanical ventilation systems (only to resi), comprehensive post-test air leakage diagnosis using handheld smoke guns.
- Undertake design team meetings and site inspections to review the overarching air tightness strategy, air barrier design, key details, and potential weaknesses and risk areas.
Hounslow High Street Quarter case study – download