Asbestos is the biggest cause of work-related deaths in the UK and can still be found in many commercial and residential buildings, even though it has been banned for many years under The Asbestos Regulations Act 1999.
Where can Asbestos be found?
Asbestos containing materials, commonly known as ACMs, can be found in any industrial, residential or refurbished building before the year 2000.
These can often be found in:
- residential buildings: ceiling tiles, pipe insulations, boilers, sprayed coatings
- the shared areas of a residential/ commercial building, e.g. stairwells, lift shafts, roofs
Why do you need Asbestos Services?
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires that the condition of any ACMs need to be re-inspected frequently, which cannot exceed a 12 month period.
All building owners, managers, or individuals with an interest in non-domestic properties must legally comply with these regulations.
Any ‘duty holder’ will need to identify and manage on an ongoing, pro-active basis, any ACMs within their building; this starts with a survey and extends to preparing and maintaining a management plan.
Duty holders must only appoint competent persons or organisations to perform surveys, and the Health and Safety Executive strongly recommends the use of accredited or certified surveyors.
How can Stroma Tech help?
Stroma Tech can perform the following asbestos surveys and services:
- Undertake a thorough inspection of a building, and to locate the presence of any suspected ACMs which could be damaged or disturbed during the normal occupancy of a property
- Assisting to keep up-to-date registers in buildings previously identified with ACMs present
- Helping to manage the legal requirements associated with re-inspections and updates
Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys
- Assess where ACMs may have been used within a building through a detailed intrusive survey
- Locate ACMs, as far as reasonably practicable, where the work, or the demolition will take place
- Define any ACMs and identify for either removal, control, or avoidance during the refurbishment or demolition process
- Re-inspect any building or property previously surveyed
- Review and record any asbestos previously identified within a building
- Due to its deteriorative nature, evaluate the element of asbestos, and assess the risks
Why Stroma Tech for Asbestos Services?
- Our in-house Chartered Health and Safety Consultants are members of IOSH (CMIOSH) and the OSCHR Register – Minimum P402/ Most P405/ Management s301
- Experienced in carrying out a full range of asbestos services across a variety of building types and industries
- Full nationwide coverage
To enquire about Stroma Tech’s Asbestos Surveys and related services, contact our team today, alternatively feel free to call us.
Stroma Tech also offer a range of complementary Health and Safety Services including: